Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Does Spinal Tap count?







I recently watched a fantastic documentary called "Who the $#@! is Jackson Pollock?" about this woman, a trucker, who buys a funky painting at a flea market for five dollars and then comes to think it's a Jackson Pollock original.

The first lines of the movie are her narrating:

We all know a fairy tale begins with 'Once Upon a Time,' but when something
happens to a trucker, we say 'You're not going to believe this shit.'

I thought there had to a bargument there, possibly about art. But then I thought-- I really didn't know who the $#@! Jackson Pollock was either. So I'm going to go more low-brow with this:





You must forever foresake one genre of movies. Pick from documentaries, cartoons and romantic comedies.









No comments: