Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Questions that keep comic geeks up at night


If you like comic books, which I secretly do, you'll like this bargument posed by Dave Campbell in his comics blog, Dave's Long Box. He basically goes through his old comic book collection and offers commentary. Very funny stuff.

One recent entry has him setting up this superhero face-off:

Thor vs. Superman -- who ya got?


I wouldn't have thought this was worth arguing -- much less barguing -- but Dave points out some superhero trivia I'm proud to say I did not know. Such as: While the Superman of old was so strong he could reverse the orbit of planets and travel back in time (remember Lois Lane and the earthquake in Superman II?), the current Superman is much less powerful. Also, magic is a big weakness of Superman, and Thor's hammer uses magic to do damage. Thus, Dave thinks Thor would win.

I still put the smart money on Superman, but I guess we've got to go with Dave's expertise on this.

No comments: